Monday, December 1, 2008

So, so much to be thankful for..............

Where do I start??? It's so absolutely wonderful to have so many blessings in my life that I can't begin to know which direction to start.
I think I'll start in the middle......I have the best ever grandchildren that anyone could ever have and I am so thankful for the beautiful smiles and love they share with their granny. My days are brightened so often from a phone call with Hadlee on the other end saying "Hi Granny". That's usually followed by "Where's Lee?" but that's ok because he is another blessing in my life. Being able to read to my little ones, hold them, hug them, love them, spoil (but just a little) them, roll on the floor, build forts out of giant boxes, push them in the swings and play whatever comes to their creative little minds are some of the most precious things in life.
My own two daughters are just awesome. For the first Thanksgiving in soooooo many years, both of my girls and I were together. Thanksgiving celebrations have usually spread us out to in-laws, the other parents or wherever we found ourselves. This was the best. Linsey and her boyfriend, Heather and her family were all here with Lee and I. Rylan told us what a great Thanksgiving feast we were having. Little did he know, it wasn't just the food we feasted on....it was the togetherness, love and family. I even pulled out the only tablecloth I own and found dishes and matching glasses to set the table with. Felt pretty fancy amidst the togetherness!!! Little Rowan passively watched as we all ate but I know before long, he'll have a chair pulled up to the table with the rest of us.
We enjoyed an early Thanksgiving on the 22nd at my mom's. My whole family (except for my nephew) was there and we really enjoyed that togetherness as well. Sadly, it's not often that my mother, brother and I are all together and we only live a short distance apart. We have to work on that for the new year. I have learned the hard way this year that life can be all too short and I don't want to live with any regrets ever!!!
So, back to the blessing in my life named Lee. And that goes way back, to a time when I was barely 15 years old. We "fell in love" as only teenagers can do. Time and events eventually separated us until about 12 years ago. We connected through e-mails for many years off and on and even got to see each other for a very short time about seven years ago. Recently, after the death of my spouse and a divorce for him, we've reunited. It's so wonderful to have my first love back in my life. We share so many wonderful things and have fun doing whatever we are doing. I'm just as happy on the back of his bike riding through the countryside as I am sitting on the couch beside him, reading the newspaper. Everyday is a new day to us and we both know how precious life can be. Our story will only get better with each passing day and I promise to keep you updated.
To be thankful for so many things in life...........my mom who gave birth to me and put up with me when I really didn't like myself....my 2 awesome daughters that I love so very much......Randy, my great son-in-law, who is an even greater daddy and husband.....my absolutely perfect grandkids, Rylan, Hadlee and Rowan.....the first love of my life and now my best friend and companion, Lee (I love you)......., my friends who have supported me, picked me up when I needed it, kicked me in the butt when I needed that, love me, and have been my friends through thick and thin.....for a job that I can go to everyday....for health......for everything that life has dealt me (yes, good and bad) that has made me the person I am today.......I could go on and on but I'll stop here and save some for another posting.

No comments: