Christmas was absolutely the best ever. How much more could I ask for than to have spent it with my own family for the first time in several years?? Christmas Eve was spent at our house with my mom and Ray, Heather and family, Linsey and her boyfriend. We played outside because the weather was good, we grazed over the snacks on the table, we talked, we took pictures, and finally (after waiting for what seemed like an eternity to Rylan) we opened presents. The best part was watching the joy and excitement in the kids as they opened package after package. Rylan finished opening his gifts, asked me for a bag, loaded his gifts in the bag and proclaimed that he was ready to go home. After being told that they wouldn't be leaving right away, he set his bags by the front door. Hadlee finished opening her gifts, then made her way around the room to assist in opening other people's gifts.
Once gifts were loaded in cars and kids in car seats, we bid a good evening to Heather and her family. My mom and Ray went with Lee and I to Christmas Eve service at my church. Linsey and her boyfriend stayed at the house to pack up some leftover goodies to take home with them.
Christmas Day.......Lee and I went to Heather's house for dinner. Her dad and step-mother were there as well. Heather did an outstanding job of preparing an awesome meal for us, complete with turkey and all the trimmings. I was so proud of her!! We enjoyed our meal, good company, playing with the kids and watching them venture out on their new bikes for the first time. After that, it was back home for a much needed nap!!
I must add that both Lee and I have been sick with colds or whatever since Monday. Nothing was going to get in the way of me truly enjoying Christmas without having to walk on egg shells, hoping everyone would be happy. I didn't even worry about it this year, actually I didn't feel the need to worry about it. Life is so much better for me now. This Christmas will only be the first of many more to come, enjoying what is most important to me.....family. And thank you Lee for being a part of my life now!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment