Friday, January 2, 2009

Out with the old and in with the new...

A new year has arrived - 2009!!! Happy New Year to all of you! As I awaited the new year, I looked back over the past year of my life and all I could say was wow! It was definitely the year of ups and downs for me. 2008 came in quietly for me as I dealt with Tim and his cancer. The disease progressed quickly after the first of the year, resulting in his death early in April. Not only did I learn alot about being a caretaker and that horrible disease itself, I learned so much more about life. I learned what true friends are and how many I have, I learned that it's ok to love your friends and even tell them so, I learned just how important my family is to me, I learned that God will always pick you up when you think you can't take another step, I learned just how important a simple hug can be and so many other things. I know I cried enough tears to fill an ocean during the first part of the year. And that's an ok thing too. I learned to say good-bye and to understand that God had a plan for my life and I needed to let go of my own need to control.
I attended my first biker rally, got my first tattoo, re-connected with my first love from high school, realized what real love is, am learning to let go of a few of my bad habits (even the ones that have kept me going in life that I really don't need in a good relationship) and most important, I started learning to enjoy life itself. I want to live and love everyday of my life. I want to laugh and smile when I can or cry when I need to, and know that whatever I do is ok. No one can change that. My feelings are valid and no one can deny me of my feelings.
All in all, I am so happy that a new year has arrived. Although 2008 started off rather rough in my world, it ended in a wonderful way. I am who I am as a result of all that I've been through and with many thanks to my friends and family who've been with me on the journey. Thank you all!! Here's to a great and fantastic new year - 2009!!!

No comments: