Saturday, May 14, 2011

I wish you could know......

Lee, I love you and miss you more than words can say. I wish so bad that you could come home and sit with me.
I hope you've seen how many lives you've touched in the short time you were in Austin. So many special things have been done because of you.....The flags were flown at half staff at all DPS offices in the state after your accident until your memorial service. Your memorial service was absolutely beautiful and such a tribute to the best man I've ever known. I finally have a picture of me and all 4 of our kids, so sad it had to be without you. The Starship trailer will be dedicated to your memory soon. Friends check on me regularly and have offered to do anything I need. A lawn company does the yard for me weekly. Patrice went to Marble Falls and ate pie in your memory today, I know you would love that. Scott and I visit at least once a week and it seems to be good therapy for both of us. Tela, Lisa and Todd got the unedited Discovery channel video of your interview. Scott and I watched it yesterday and we did have a good laugh....only you would end an interview with "I have to get out of here and find me a drink". I get hugs from so many people but of course, none of them measure up to yours. They are, however, very comforting. Linsey and I have built a little memorial to you in the living room. Linsey says we need to get another curio cabinet like the one I have my angels in for your memorial and she really wants the living room to be more "symetrical". So many people have sent cards to me. Lorna made reservations for her and I to go to Luckenbach/Fredericksburg next weekend. I'm looking forward to getting away, just wish it was with you.
I'd give up everything I have now and spend the rest of my life paying it all back if I could only have you back babe. Missing and loving you, Linda

No comments: