Not sure why but I seem lost tonight. Lost and on the verge of tears.
I went to the Peace Officer's Memorial service this morning at work. I was doing ok until they played Taps and the bagpiper played "Amazing Grace". Raw emotion. I was surrounded by the awesome Communications people...not sure what I would do without them. It's such a peaceful comfort to be around them.
Lee, I'm lost tonight without you. I went to Hadlee's Pre-K graduation tonight. You would have grinned from ear to ear. She was a doll. I know you always said she was perfect. Tonight she was perfect, just for you. I have a hard time at family events because you're not there. It's so hard to not have you by my side. It's so hard not to have you in my world. It's so hard not to have you here to touch, to hold, to talk to, to just be here. I would give anything in the world for you to be able to come back. I know it can't happen but I sure wish it would. You were the best thing that ever happened in my life, of course right there with the birth of my daughters and grandchildren. Your friends and co-workers miss you too. You touched so many more lives than you ever could imagine. You touched all those lives in so many ways. I'm in awe when people tell me what they've taken from you, from when you were among us and now. Your death was not in vain. I miss you, love you and want you back. Linda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment