Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WHY???

Lee, why did you have to go away? Why did you have to leave on our anniversary? Why didn't we take the afternoon off to celebrate? Why didn't I call you at just the right time to distract you from the tragedy that took you away? WHY??? I don't get it. We had a fairy tale life that was supposed to last forever, or at least until we were old. I dreamed of growing old with you, of treasuring every single day and hoping that when it was time for one of us to go that both of us would go together. Why don't we get to do that? Why am I left here to take care of everything? Why do I have to start all over again? We had so many dreams that will never be fulfilled. Having you back in my life was a dream come true that all too soon came to an end.
It's so hard to go in our bedroom. Your dirty clothes are still on the floor where you left them....except for your t-shirt. I sleep with it and somehow I feel closer to you. Your bath towel is still hanging in the bathroom where you left it after your shower that Monday morning. Not much has changed here except for your presence. Well, and Linsey and James have moved in. Linsey says they'll be here for 5 years. Ok with me!
I love you and miss you more than anyone will ever know. I have never loved anyone or been in love with anyone like I was and am with you. You stole a part of my heart in 1975 when we were so young and that spot grew in 2008 when we were reunited. Today, it's a gaping hole that hurts so bad. Rest in Peace my love.

No comments: